DA HUI of Garona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Túrin's Travels

5 posters

Go down

Túrin's Travels Empty Túrin's Travels

Post  Túrin Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:55 am

Day 3: Being out to sea sucks. I work in an office with a bunch of computer equipment so the AC is blasting. I'm looking at the temp right now... 55 deg. I wish I was back in sunny San Diego. I hope the weather is good wherever you guys are.

The USS Ronald Reagan is heading west. We are due to pass Hawaii any day now. I'll give you guys a wave as we pass.

I'll try to keep up on this thread so you guys know what's going on with me. I'll also post pics as soon as I take some. Later.
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Túrin's Travels Empty Re: Túrin's Travels

Post  Fennir Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:50 am

man i dont think i could handle being at sea that long bro, i give it up to you for doing it.
Fennir
Fennir

Back to top Go down

Post  Keegs Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Heres the deal, I get extra sea sick, but I would love being in that ACed room. That sounds great haha.
Keegs
Keegs

Back to top Go down

Post  Túrin Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 am

It's getting hot. Everywhere except my office. When I sleep, I have to slow my heart rate down, just so I won't sweat in my rack. I break a sweat just sitting in the head for too long. And I'm only just past Hawaii. Can't imagine how bad its going to get in the Middle East.

Other than that, everything is fine. I got in trouble last night for playing Lord of the Rings Risk with 5 other guys in my shop. I told them its that or I fall asleep. So I guess I get to take a nap tonight when things get slow.

I'm going to try to come to a HUI raid on the weekend of the 26th and 27th. I'm not sure how its going to work out, but we'll see. Going to do the math on it. So, if I go, that means Matros will try to come too. I'll get with KQ, to get with Gaf or Supe to let you guys know.

Gotta run. Later.
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Keegs Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:31 am

TURIN! I hope you can make it, cause that happens to be My BDay weekend haha, plus we all miss you in the raid! Oh, Pakos back! Hes gonna be raiding with us this weekend coming up (12-13). I can sympathize with you on the heat, we dont have AC in our apartment and the summer nights are blazing!

Well, be safe brother, cant wait to here from you again.
Keegs
Keegs

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennir Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 am

TURIN ZOMG!, if u get to raid with us that would be soo damn sick!!, and yes.. SHE beat me in dps my 7166 was beat by 7500!!!!!!!!!!! KQ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... lol ya bro we miss u for sure man... BAD! check u later bro keep us posted! lol!
Fennir
Fennir

Back to top Go down

Post  Túrin Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Day "Who knows":

Well, we finally made it to where we're doing most of our missions, the Middile East. We are participating in OEF, which means Afghanistan, not Iraq. We're "helping" rid Afghanistan of those pesky terrorists by flying our big angry F/A-18's over them, and yell "boom boom!!" But seriously, I think we are making a difference.

Guys, I had a blast in Singapore raiding with you. I don't feel too bad because I spent the first three days there doing the touristy things, and by the forth day, I didn't mind sitting on my butt, playing WoW. Plus, I got to speak with my wifey for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I've been looking at those crazy pictures the noobs have been putting up, pretty wild, better keep em in check, Gaf!!! Or else I'm sure Supe will go /gkick em all, lol. I have some pictures to share with you, but I'm not sure I can access those hosting sites, with restricted internet and all. But I'll try.

How's the progression going? Have you cleared Ulduar yet? What's the hold up? If its Terry, I'll make good on my promise to drive up and give him a good strangling. I'm sure we could make it a party if Javi wants to invite his "friends" from the hoods of Morro Bay, lol.

Still set for October for my return, I'll keep you all updated. Take it easy.
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

5 or 6 of us have cleared through Mimiron, it was Keegs birthday weekend I believe so had a few who couldn't make it and ended up pugging the rest. (Have my T8 head piece ftw)

With Gaf unable to make the late night raids anymore it cuts us out another person, and then last weekend being the 4th and all I don't believe there was any raiding Saturday, though Friday we one shotted Hodir, Freya, and Thorim which for us is an acomplishment in itself considering the problems we had with em before.

Also my brother just left yesterday for his 3rd round in Iraq. He's someplace about 30 miles from Iraq's only coastal town just north of the Kuwati border.
Nate
Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  Túrin Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Oh man, talk about Groundhog Day. NOTHING CHANGES.

A rundown of my day:
Wake up at 1845 (6:45pm) because I work nights.
Get dressed and walk up to my freezing office.
Sit there for a good 4 hours reading the day's emails.
Go each lunch at 2300 (11:00pm)
Back in the office, almost fall asleep.
Go work out from 0100 to 0230ish.
Sit around and do some busy work.
Dinner at 0500 (which is breakfast for the rest of the crew).
Wait for the morning brief to start at 0700.
Start our cleaning hour from 0730-0830.
Stumble down to berthing and watch and hour of a movie or episode of something.
Asleep around 1030 or 1100.

And that's it! It doesn't change very much. Maybe something here and there. But really lame overall. I'm not complaining, I don't mind the mind numbing routine. It makes the days go by faster if I don't remember what day of the week it is.

So, I got my first "Care Package" from KQ this week. It was awesome!! Some snacks, clothes I forgot, my watch, and a DVD with a bunch of music and TV shows on it. Perfect. Packages are like the light at the end of the tunnel, like heaven.

On a WoW note, there has been lots of hype in the shop about cross faction changes. Is it true? Are my horde friends going to be able to come to Garona, and join DA HUI??? Well, I have about 7 guys that say they'd like to join. After hearing Matros' success, they'd like to have a piece of the action. One guy is Hawaiian, even. Of the 7 maybe 4 will actually come, but even then, I see some solid 25 man action in our future.

So, what's all this about people leaving for 25 man stuff? I don't think its bad, I just hope that if we start doing our 25 man raids, that they are still willing to bring their alt or their main with us. Experiencing content = good. Leaving HUI = bad!!

Well, let me know how things are going. Take it easy!!
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Yep its true. Going to bring my 80 horde DK over when it comes out so that I have my 450 Herb/INscriptionist handy.

Also, like Terry, Javi and Gaf I moved my main to a 25 man raiding guild. Only been a couple of weeks with Que Sera Sera but I have been able to get in on the later Uld bosses (mostly cause when I get in on the second and third raid nights they have already cleared all but about 4 bosses). I have been there for 25 Mim, IC, Vezaxx and Yogg Saron (no downs on Yogg yet but we're damn close).

Its fun for me to be able to do this and their raid times don't conflict with Da Hui so I can be there for the 10 mans.
I still have Mili generally exclusively available to Da Hui if they need her, but with so many DPS already, and not needing another tank often she hangs out and pugs what she can.
Nate
Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  Túrin Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm in DUBAI!! Well, was in, now I'm back out to sea. It was freaking awesome! Hot though, jeez. Who'd a thunk it, Dubai, hot? Our ship was there for three days, the first of which I have duty (stay on the ship). But the second day, a few friends and I went to a waterpark on that palm tree island thing. If you Google Dubai, I'm sure you'll see it. It was called Aquaventure at Atlantis. HUGE slides and the best lazy river I've ever been on. The third day I went to the Mall of the Emirates. Supposed to be the largest mall in the world. I'm not sure about that, but it was pretty big. Saw The Hangover, couldn't stop laughing. Bought a crystal ball, just cause I think everyone should have one. And just walked around aimlessly.

After getting back underway, it was back to the grind. Yuk!!
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supe Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 am

OOoooo Dubai, musta been crazy, ive heard nothing but good things about it...except of course everything is super expensive lol. Sucks you had to get stuck on the ship for a whole day of your little leave time. OMG the hangover was soooooo awesome!! I went to see it twice, lol...funniest thing since Old School and Wedding Crashers.
It's all good tho man, just over a month before your back now, or something like that. Ya'll should be starting to head back soon right?? seemed like it took over a month to get to japan, so i can imagine how long it takes to get back form the middle east on that thing. How much gas mileage you get outta that thing like 100 gallons to the mile Razz
Supe
Supe

Back to top Go down

Post  Túrin Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Days are dragging on. On day 92 if anyone is keeping track. I’m so tired, from lack of sleep and being gone from home, and my family. I got in trouble for being dink (delinquent) on one of my qualifications. The Navy has this thing called ESWS (Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialization) which used to be really cool if you got, but now its required for all E-5s to get and I’m late. I think the Army has the same type of requirement for the beret(sp), but I think everyone gets one now, so it doesn’t look so special. Same thing. It counts as more “bling” on my uniform, and only extreme tools really care about how they look, compared to how well they do their job. When I get home I’ll be sure to post a picture of me in uniform so you all can laugh it up. But be warned a random MD might be coming your way.

On a side note, I really like the looks of the new website. Keegs really did a good job. I’m going to post this both places, just in case. Take it easy, all.

Túrin
Túrin
Túrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum